British Judo Association Membership
The British Judo Association (BJA) is the National Governing Body for Judo in the UK.
Any person wishing to attend a BJA club is entitled to up to 4 lessons of "trial membership". After which you will be required to take out membership with the BJA to maintain your individual insurance, and the opportunity to further your Judo training. Anyone continuing to attend a BJA club after the 4 lesson "trial period", who does not hold a valid BJA licence will not be insured, and will be refused access to the mat.
BJA membership is available for a period of 2 years, 1 year or Pay as You Throw (4 months); starting from £12. All new memberships includes a record book and licence card. New junior membership also includes a diary, red belt, badges and stickers.
BJA Membership benefits:
- Official licence for valid BJA authorised or recognised activity
- Comprehensive public liability and personal accident insurance
- Internationally recognised BJA grading scheme
- A variety of BJA competition opportunities
- Training schemes for Referees & Technical Officials